Saturday, August 22, 2015

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Golden Wedding Anniversaries

Copyright 2015, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

Randy Seaver over at Genea-Musings, has a Saturday night fun blog meme.  It has been a very long time since I have participated.  No excuse, other than life tends to get in the way.

Tonight's challenge is to see how many couples in our direct lineage may have hit a 50th wedding anniversary.  My curiosity was peaked.

I have adjusted the challenge a bit, starting with my grandparents.  I looked at my grandparents, great grandparents and great-great grandparents only.

The years reflect how long married before the first one passed.

Grandparents, Minnie Halterman and Leonard Trumbo, 38 years.  (I knew them both.)

Florence Dews and Hayden Bowen, 43 years.  (I knew them both.)

Great Grandparents, Minnie Remley and Joseph Bowen, 56 years.

Lorena Eley Norsworthy and William Dews, 19 years.

Anna Holsinger and Charles Trumbo, 39 years.

Ida Whitmer and David Halterman, 64 years. (Only ones of this generation that I knew personally.)

Great Great Grandparents,  Martha Sikes and Hezekiah Bowen, 48 years.

Mariah Grant and William Remley, 46 years.

Mary (mnu) and Edward Dews, unknown, best bet is about 30 years.

Sallie Darden and Solomon Eley, 6 years.

Catherine Fulk Fawley and Zachariah Trumbo, mmm, no marriage.

Mary Kessler and Peter Preston Holsinger, 44 years.

Barbara Delawder and Daniel Halterman, 54 years.

Sarah Basye and Selesteen Whitmer, 53 years.

So, I have four couples/grandparents that were married more than 50 years before death took one.  And, one couple, my great grandparents, that celebrated 50, then, 60 and finally 64 before death took one.

David and Ida and yepper, Moi,  



Thanks Randy for a fun challenge.




.

No comments: