Thursday, May 20, 2021

The Poultry Farm


Copyright 2021, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

For more years that I can remember, I have had this photo.  Because of where I found it, and who owned it prior to it coming into my possession, I have long felt it was possible this was the poultry farm of my great-grandfather, Joseph Eugene Bowen.


Let me tell you, this image is poor to middlin, I am fully aware.  This has been digitally edited by Moi, the original was really awful.  Faded almost to thin air.  I was happy I could "restore" it to this point.

However if you get out a magnifying glass you will see a long row of "houses" running from the middle of the photo to the far right.  On the far left is a 2 story farm house.  On the far right is a shed of some sort with a open door and some kind of a stove pipe coming out of the roof.

This week, I have been reviewing, linking, updating, organizing, and all things good for organized genealogy.  My faithful readers may remember that last year I was contacted by a genie angel who shared with me the first photo I had ever seen of my g grandpop, Joe E. Bowen, the poultry farmer.

She shared some business letter head, a photo of his wife, Minnie Maud Remley Bowen and a few other photos.  

This week while the reviewing was ongoing, I came back to this photo of Joe.


Chickens and all!!  Behind Joe, is part of that row of chicken coops. And, look at that shed, open door, and that stove pipe.

You can decide for yourself, but, I'm going with YES my photo of the 2 story farm house was correctly identified by me, by hook or crook and with a ton of just plain ole good luck.

Thank you genie angel.  Your gift and kindness just keep on giving.



.

No comments: