Sunday, May 2, 2021

Really Fred?? I Don't Think So

Copyright 2021, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

I am still pulling documents on ancestors well researched.  This weekend, I added Fred's World War II Draft Registration cards.

That would be one Friedrich (Fritz\Fred) Johann Gehrke, born April 22, 1885 in Hammerstein, West Prussia, Germany.  I support that with church records of his confirmation from Lihue Lutheran Church, Lihue, Kauai, Hawaii while his parents were living there (from abut 1888 to about 1904).  Also from his marriage record in the St. Paul's Evangelical Lutheran Church, Pigeon, Huron County, Michigan, said record hand written in old German by the pastor.

But, come World War II, Fred John decided to record he was born in Pearl Harbor.  Yes he did!



Of note, and something I need to follow up on, is that mention of working for the W.P.A.

* Please remember to check my Disclaimers page and the fact that I pay for my use of the web site Ancestry dot com.  
.

No comments: