Thursday, May 24, 2018

European Union Stuff

Copyright 2018, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

This European Union GDPR stuff is confusing at best.
I have done some incomplete research on the subject, I sure am confused, as are many legal eagles.  Seriously, if they can't figure it out, how do you think I am going to?
From this article, I feel I do not have to take ANY action, and, here is my reasoning, directly quoted from this article:
"Exemptions and Derogations
While the GDPR has broad implications for commerce, it nonetheless exempts certain entities or activities from compliance. Below is a non-exhaustive review of key exemptions.
Personal or household activity
Article 2(2c) states that the regulation does not apply for data processing :by a natural person in the course of a purely personal or household activity”."
I believe this is purely personal and a household activity.  I have NEVER monetized any of my blogs or web sites.
I have deleted the email follow widget, the subscribe widget and the followers widget, as a matter of prudence.  I have also removed from the blog any other widgets which may have lead to web sites who may or may not have complied with the new rules.

I have close to 2300 posts here and about 5140 comments since 2009 when I started this blog.  I am not removing or editing any of this at this point, although I reserve the privilege of changing my mind later.

If you make a comment here you will note I have a disclaimer about email contact via that format.

I have never maintained any email list, nor have I ever had a newsletter attached to my blogs.

I make no representation that these actions make me confirm to the European Union law.  As stated above, even the legal eagles don't seem to know what to do.  I honor the theory of privacy tho.  Even if the cow was let out of the barn many years ago.  Good luck to all.




.

No comments: