Sunday, March 4, 2018

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks - Week 9: "Where There's a Will"

Copyright 2018, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

This week's post as part of my participation in Amy Johnson Crow's 2018 version of the 52 Ancestors meme.  Week 9: "Where There's a Will".  Amy points out this could be a probate case, a strong willed ancestor or a ancestor named Will.  For me, it will always be the probate case of Abraham Oakley.  Every time I think of the prompt Abraham comes up.  Probably because I had searched for SOOOO long for a link between Abraham and his daughter, Laura.  Over 20 years, closer to 25 years.

A while back Man and I did some of that DNA testing.  Ya, that stuff.  Now, I have not had the time or energy to really figure it all out.  But, when I first had our results I was snooping around on Ancestry dot com and somehow stumbled into a family tree that had this document linked to it.  A one page document!  Here is a clip of the full document:


Rather than repeat myself, I direct you to this post, which I wrote at the time.


One piece of paper and 25 years of research, snooping, tracing lines sideways, backwards and forwards.  It just took ONE piece of paper.

I wasn't too happy!  




* #52ancestors

.

No comments: