Thursday, March 15, 2018

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks -Week 10: Strong Woman

Copyright 2018, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

This post as part of my participation in Amy Johnson Crow's 2018 version of the 52 Ancestors meme. This weeks prompt is, "Strong Woman - - what female in your family tree has shown remarkable strength, either physical or emotional?"

Man and I have been suffering from colds for a couple of weeks.  Sapped my will to do anything other than sleep and play solitaire.  I know better than to think I will ever catch up, but, patching sometimes will slow down the floods, eh??  Therefore - - 

I have written so much about some of my strong women in my ancestry here on Reflections.  So, when this prompt came up, I went, oh, dear.  And, so, I am going to take the "easy" way out once more.

So for this prompt, I choose to highlight once again, Lorena.  My great-grandmother.  My dad's grandmother.  He told me on more than one occasion that maybe she "poisoned" her hubbies with mushrooms.  She had 5 and they all died or disappeared from our family history. Needless to say, 5 marriages, 2 children by her first marriage, 6 children by her second marriage, and the mystery surrounding the passing of several of her hubbies, well, can we say, post fodder?  Oh, yes we can.  I have written about Lorena and her extended family well over 30 times here on Reflections.

So, without further ado, here is a link to the search of Reflections for the keyword, LORENA.  

Here she is just months before her passing, with, yeppers, yours truly as a wee bit of a babe.  To the left, my father. Sitting on the right arm of the chair, his mother, Florence.  And, ya, I have written about those two a time or two here on Reflections as well.





*  #52ancestors

.

No comments: