Monday, June 10, 2024

Thelma Mildred Fanning, Found Infant, Reunited, Research As It Is Series

Copyright 2024, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

This continues a series of posts, done in a very efficient (make that speedy fast) manner to share some research on the ancestors.  This is NOT intended to be the end all to end all report.  It's a work in progress, to show you what I have found, right or wrong. Kind feedback is welcomed via comments.

Let’s begin - - 

Meet - - Thelma Mildred Fanning.

The back story:

For about the last year and a half I have been immersed in a review process, and it is ongoing.  It has been a challenge, fun, frustrating at times, productive, worth while and, did I say ongoing??  It started when I decided to go all in with Apple, no more Windows and Parallels add ons on the computers.  Well, that was the plan.  Cept, I did not plan well, or think it out, and the GEDCOM from Legacy to Reunion went, poorly, to say the least.  I lost literally thousands of links to research/multimedia. Sources, I am a lumper, jumped from around 2000 to well over 7000.  Of course, I did not realize how bad it was and I started changing the data base by adding peeps, and so forth.  I may have tried doing input to both Legacy and Reunion at the same time, I do not advise, it is, or was for me, a nightmare. 

I am happy to say that I have made a lot of progress and for the most part, I am very happy with the results. I did say, it is on going, right??

As I work, undoing the messes I made, I tend to do a bit of research along the way.  And, thus, I discovered Thelma this past weekend.


Her parents marriage did not last long and both married again.  She seems to be an only child. 

This is all I could find on Thelma, a short life, no story, just a death certificate.


There is no memorial for Thelma at Find A Grave.  No death notice or obituary was found at Genealogy dot com or Newspapers dot com.

So, little, but, welcome home Thelma, found and reunited with your parents, at least on my database.



* Disclaimers, I use Find A Grave, Ancestry dot com, FamilySearch, several newspaper subscriptions, free sites, such as Virginia Chronicles, Virginia Chancery Cases online at the Library of Virginia and more to research my ancestors.  I pay for subscriptions, full price.

** My judgements may or may not be correct.  Transcriptions may or may not have errors.

*** Links, URL's, for the most part will not be included henceforth on my posts, as so many of them change and then I have to come back and try to re-discover and relink.  Frankly folks, I have no desire to spend my limited time here on this side of the sod with those kinds of do overs.  As researchers, or just members of the internet community, sites such as Find A Grave are easy to find, some are free to use and with the information I am sharing with you, hopefully, you can duplicate the research/findings. That said, I have seen memorials at Find A Grave be removed.  If you have questions, I suggest you leave a nice comment for me. OR find the method I have outlined on my blog for contacting me.

**** I hope the usual happens, within hours, sometimes minutes, I do another search and something shows up.  Well, I can hope.

.

No comments: