Sunday, February 18, 2024

Elizabeth "Lizzie" F. Dews Creekmore/Creekmor/Creekmur/Creekmour, Research Report, the As It Is Series

Copyright 2024, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

This continues a series of posts, done in a very efficient (make that speedy fast) manner to share some research on the ancestors.  This is NOT intended to be the end all to end all report.  It's a work in progress, to show you what I have found, right or wrong. Kind feedback is welcomed via comments.

Let’s begin - - 

Meet - - Lizzie Dews, aka Elizabeth "Lizzie" F. Dews Creekmore/Creekmor/Creekmur/Creekmour.

**Yes, I know those spellings do not all show on this image, you will just have to believe me, I have found it spelled all these ways, maybe some I have not recorded or remember.



These notes copied directly from her bio:

According to her age as recorded in her marriage record, "Lizzie" would have been born ca 1858.

Lizzie and family are enumerated on the 1880 US census, of Kempsville District, Princess Anne County, Virginia.  They are enumerated immediately after her mother Mary.  They are shown as: F. P. Creekmour, age 28, farmer, born Virginia, parents both born Virginia; Elizabeth, age 23, wife, keeping house, born Virginia, parents both born Virginia; Loya, age 9 months, son, born Virginia.

ELMWOOD & CEDAR GROVE CEMETERIES
E. Princess Anne Road, Norfolk, Virginia
CREEKMORE, FRANK P I29081 Section ELM EXT, Block 32, Lot 13, Space 4SW 0 06/18/1917
AND:
CREEKMORE, LIZZIE I29091 Section ELM EXT, Block 32, Lot 13, Space 5SW 0 06/11/1898
(Note, death records for Norfolk County and Princess Anne County do not cover 1898)

No obituary was found in Virginian-Pilot or Virginia Chronicles, February 2021.  

Found this however, in February of 2024 by searching her husband:
Frank P Creekmor
in the Virginia, U.S., Newspapers.com™ Stories and Events Index, 1800's-current
Name Frank P Creekmor
Topic Human Interest
Residence Date 11 Jun 1898
Residence Place Norfolk, Virginia, USA
Newspaper Title The Norfolk Landmark

Today, just now, I was pleased to add her death report and funeral plans to her bio:

From the Virginian-Pilot, Norfolk, Virginia, published June 11, 1898:
     “DEATHS
      CREEKMOR - - At her residence, Outten street, Huntersville, Friday morning at 10:30 o’clock, LIZZIE CREEKMOR, aged 42 years, beloved wife of Frank P. Creekmore.
     The funeral will take place THIS (Saturday) AFTERNOON, June 11th, at 4 o’clock from the residence.  Friends and acquaintances respectfully invited to attend.”
     “Funerals.
     …
     Mrs. Lizzie Creekmor, wife of Mr. Frank P. Creekmor, died at 10:30 o’clock yesterday morning at her home on Outten street, Huntersville, in the 42d year of age.  The funeral will take place from the residence this afternoon at 4 o’clock.”

I maintain her Find A Grave memorial, the memorial number is: 44655609.

Rest in peace Lizzie, I am happy to have added to your bio today.



* Disclaimers, I use Find A Grave, Ancestry dot com, FamilySearch, several newspaper subscriptions, free sites, such as Virginia Chronicles, Virginia Chancery Cases online at the Library of Virginia and more to research my ancestors.  I pay for subscriptions, full price.

** My judgements may or may not be correct.  Transcriptions may or may not have errors.

*** Links, URL's, for the most part will not be included henceforth on my posts, as so many of them change and then I have to come back and try to re-discover and relink.  Frankly folks, I have no desire to spend my limited time here on this side of the sod with those kinds of do overs.  As researchers, or just members of the internet community, sites such as Find A Grave are easy to find, some are free to use and with the information I am sharing with you, hopefully, you can duplicate the research/findings. That said, I have seen memorials at Find A Grave be removed.  If you have questions, I suggest you leave a nice comment for me. OR find the method I have outlined on my blog for contacting me.

.

No comments: