Monday, February 25, 2019

Sedona and the Chapel of the Holy Cross, the Day After the Storms

Copyright 2019, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

After two days of significant, historical, epic amounts of snow in Sedona and surrounding areas, Man and I knew we had to take a ride to see and, of course, take photos.  We ended up at the Chapel of the Holy Cross, which was a perfect place to be.  Roads, cleared, walkways wet but clear.  Views outta this world!

In the side view mirror on the way from Cottonwood to Sedona, aka, 89a:


The Chapel, from the lower level parking area.  


We walked up to the chapel, altitude difference was 120 feet. It was about 40 degrees, as you can see, abundant sunshine, no wind and totally glorious.

And as always, with all things technical, when I went to take a panoramic photo with Sony III, I found the direction was messed up.  And, of course, standing there, I could not figure out how to "fix" it.  Of course.  Man says to me, turn the camera the other way, won't it work that way??  Dude!  The photos are wider, and not as long, but, Carol likes.  LOL . Two of these are similar.



Add in some sun and lens red spots, cause you are "not" supposed to shoot into the sun, mmm, why not??  I think it adds some interest.



I took a bit over 200 photos. It was fantastic!

.

No comments: