Thursday, March 11, 2021

World War I Pledge Card

Copyright 2021, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

One of the little joys of research is finding new data sets and having your person of interest appear in same.

Case in point, from FamilySearch dot org, this data set:

Iowa, Black Hawk County, Waterloo, World War I Pledge Cards 

Which is described, in part:

"This collection includes index and images of donation pledge cards from Waterloo families who donated to war bond drives supporting the nation during World War I."

Here is one I found, it may be the only one I find, and frankly, it took referencing the fine help pages at FamilySearch dot org to figure out what I was looking at.  30 years of research and I do not remember seeing a document like this. One can always learn.  I had heard of pledges, had not seen anything like this.  

How fun!

Harry Frisbey, who, by the way, is also found in record sets as William H. Makes researching a challenge.  (His elder brother is even more of a challenge, and they also have a sibling Harold. FUN stuff I tell you.)




* Check out the Disclaimer Page here at Reflections.  I use FamilySearch dot org in my research, it is a free site.

** The help page for this data set is found here

*** The search page for the data set is found here.

**** No guarantees are made by this blogger that any links will remain active.  
.

No comments: