Friday, March 12, 2021

That Last Cell Phone Photo, March 2020

Copyright 2021, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

There is a meme going round Facebook these days, what was your last photo on your cell phone as we shut down one year ago?  I had actually downloaded this to the computer, but, it was taken WITH the cell phone!  LOL

This was taken in Wickenburg, just a day or so before we ran for the Sedona/Cottonwood/Camp Verde area.  The Camp Verde area choice felt like the safest seeing that we were so far from home (about 2000 miles) and the weather could still threaten and the availability of open anything was so questionable.  You may remember they were closing rest areas.  No one knew if there would be fuel available, stores were already out of TP, medical gloves and disinfectant wipes.  Propane was already hard to obtain. No one had much knowledge of "masks". 

One night, late, Man and I seriously considered trying to make a run for it, but, the unknowns were so high and really, scary, we decided to stay put. Better a known and a campground with facilities than out on the road with no fuel, questionable temperatures and weather conditions.  Frankly folks, I ain't that brave.

We felt sorta safe in this restaurant because the booths had high backs and each was like it's own little room.  Ya, I know, seems bizarre now.  That said, we were already unnerved by what we were hearing.  And, that said, ya, it still caught us shocked and surprised a few days later.

SOOO, this was in a restaurant, seems it may have been the last meal IN a restaurant in 2020.

I thought it was a cute idea to show off photos or paper artifacts.  No matter how hard I tried I could not dim those lights reflecting and shining back at me.  LOL  But, we get the idea.

It was March 8th.

Within the week I was sure our world had just turned topsy-tervy and nothing would be the same again. Funny, I accepted it without hysteria.  Just the facts mam?  SIGH





* Remember check my Disclaimers page.  I use Facebook as an individual, it is a free service.  Sir Winston also has a page there, which I tend to.  I also admin a few groups there.  

.

No comments: