Sunday, December 17, 2017

Missing, One Yoke of Oxen, 1847

Copyright 2017, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

On cool and rainy days, such as this, I work on the ongoing "consolidation" project.  Of course these days, that also means I am tweaking the work flow on the new Mac, Moriah Mackenzie.  The fun thing is I rediscover some fun things I clipped over the years about ancestors and I am learning a few neat tricks with the new computer and software.

And, thus, I bring you:


This is Man's g-g-g-grandfather, Richard Lashbrook who we have written about before here on Reflections.  He was born and married in Devonshire England, moved to the Quebec area about 1830, slipped over the country border into New York by about 1831, stayed in Clinton County New York for about 10 years, give or take and then, via, we believe, the Erie Canal, packed up his large clan of kids and grandkids and ended up in McHenry County Illinois, where he lived out his life.

Seems in September of 1847, he had some oxen stray away from the homestead.

I have never heard otherwise, we hope he was able to locate the strays.

This clipping is from the Chicago Illinois publication the Weekly Democrat.  It was found in an online representation of the work, "Vital Records from Chicago Newspapers, 1847", compiled and published by the Chicago Genealogical Society, 1979.




.

No comments: