Friday, April 14, 2023

Eunice (Darden) Meader Meader - - An Update

Copyright 2023, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

Yes, the research continued.  See my last post about Eunice.

The Cliff Notes version is - - found her second hubby's Find A Grave memorial (Memorial # 24272057).  A kind Find a Grave volunteer had posted a photo of the monument and an obituary in August of 2022.

I contacted that nice volunteer. Explained my issues.  Asked for assistance, and noted, twice, that I understood if he could not assist.

I sent him the information about that lousy death index.  I ended with,  "I am grasping at straws and you are today's straw???  LOL."

A few hours later I received a response,  "You grasped out at the right straw."  

He looked up that lousy death index over at Ancestry dot com. He looked at it, called the town of Hingham and obtained the death date in full and the cemetery data.  He then created a memorial for Eunice.  It is here: Memorial # 252264089

Thank you to a very nice volunteer.  I updated Eunice's data on my data base.  Still would not mind finding an obituary, eh?


* See my disclaimer page, I pay full admission price to Ancestry dot com.

** Links, URL's, for the most part will not be included henceforth on my posts, as so many of them change and then I have to come back and try to re-discover and relink.  Frankly folks, I have no desire to spend my limited time here on this side of the sod with those kinds of do overs.  As researchers, or just members of the internet community, sites such as Find A Grave are easy to find, some are free to use and with the information I am sharing with you, hopefully, you can duplicate the research/findings. That said, I have seen memorials at Find A Grave be removed.  If you have questions, I suggest you leave a nice comment for me. OR find the method I have outlined on my blog for contacting me.

.

No comments: