Saturday, August 6, 2022

Ella (nee) Franklin Richardson, Research Report, the As It Is Series

Copyright 2022, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

Well, I'm back, sorta.  Yes, I have been researching and loading up my data base, but, some of the searches have been LONG drawn out affairs and the input even more so.

This continues a series of posts, done in a very efficient (make that speedy fast) manner to share some research on the ancestors.  This is NOT intended to be the end all to end all report.  It's a work in progress, to show you what I have found, right or wrong. Kind feedback is welcomed via comments.

So, let's talk about Ella (nee) Franklin Richardson.


Until late last evening, I knew nothing more about Ella than she was on some census reports with her parents.  

Ella Franklin
in the 1910 United States Federal Census
Name: Ella Franklin
Age in 1910: 3
Birth Date: 1907
[1907]
Birthplace: Georgia
Home in 1910: Willocoochee, Coffee, Georgia, USA
Race: White
Gender: Female
Relation to Head of House: Daughter
Father's Name: Harry R Franklin
Father's Birthplace: Georgia
Mother's Name: Isobelle D Franklin
Mother's Birthplace: South Carolina
Household Members Age Relationship
Harry R Franklin   37 Head
Isobelle D Franklin   36 Wife
Iona D Franklin   18 Daughter
Lena Franklin   16 Daughter
Ila Franklin   12 Daughter
Beattrice Franklin   6 Daughter
Ella Franklin 3 Daughter
Julia Franklin   0 Daughter

Ellie Franklin
in the 1920 United States Federal Census
Name: Ellie Franklin
Age: 13
Birth Year: abt 1907
Birthplace: Georgia
Home in 1920: Waycross Ward 2, Ware, Georgia
Residence Date: 1920
Race: White
Gender: Female
Relation to Head of House: Daughter
Marital Status: Single
Father's Name: Harry W Franklin
Father's Birthplace: Georgia
Mother's Name: Isabel D Franklin
Mother's Birthplace: South Carolina
Able to Speak English: Yes
Occupation: None
Attended School: yes
Able to read: Yes
Able to Write: Yes
Household Members Age Relationship
Harry W Franklin   52 Head
Isabel D Franklin   45 Wife
Ellie Franklin 13 Daughter
Alpha Franklin   10 Daughter
Viola Franklin   6 Daughter

I absolutely stumbled upon a family tree at Ancestry dot com that told more and led me to:

Ellie Franklin
in the Florida, U.S., County Marriage Records, 1823-1982
Name: Ellie Franklin
Gender: Female
Age: 21
Birth Date: abt 1903
Marriage Date: 5 Nov 1924
Marriage Place: Volusia, Florida, USA
Spouse:   James Watson Richardson
** We point out that her birth date given on this index is about 4 years awry.  Something to consider in future research.

Ellie Richardson
 in the Florida, U.S., Death Index, 1877-1998
Name: Ellie Richardson
Gender: Female
Race: White
Death Date: 1925
Death Place: Volusia, Florida, United States

I located her Find A Grave memorial, # 38231020, which led me to a memorial for her infant daughter, # 111205348.  Ella's memorial has a photo of a marker, the infant does not.  

I have not located any obituary or death notice for Ella.

The family tree I located named the infant as Geraldine.  A review of the Florida death index turned up one possible, as follows, note has the name of a father, but, is for a female:

James Richardson
 in the Florida, U.S., Death Index, 1877-1998
Name: James Richardson
Gender: Female
Race: White
Death Date: 1925
Death Place: Volusia, Florida, United States

Nothing more has been discovered about her husband, James Watson Richardson as of August 2022.  Family tree at Ancestry dot com indicates his name was Watson.  



* Disclaimers, I use Find A Grave, Ancestry dot com, FamilySearch, several newspaper subscriptions, free sites, such as Virginia Chronicles, Virginia Chancery Cases online at the Library of Virginia and more to research my ancestors.  I pay for subscriptions, full price.

** My judgements may or may not be correct.  Transcriptions may or may not have errors.

*** Links, URL's, for the most part will not be included henceforth on my posts, as so many of them change and then I have to come back and try to re-discover and relink.  Frankly folks, I have no desire to spend my limited time here on this side of the sod with those kinds of do overs.  As researchers, or just members of the internet community, sites such as Find A Grave are easy to find, some are free to use and with the information I am sharing with you, hopefully, you can duplicate the research/findings. That said, I have seen memorials at Find A Grave be removed.  If you have questions, I suggest you leave a nice comment for me. OR find the method I have outlined on my blog for contacting me.

.

No comments: