Thursday, February 25, 2021

Lookie What I Found, The Marriage Certificate, Chancery Style

Copyright 2021, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

When the image you have for a marriage is this:


And, you are reviewing a Chancery Case involving the same couple and you find this:


Case in point, one marriage record and one marriage certificate for Henry LeRoy Dews and Katie May Wynn. Sadly, the marriage ended in a flurry of sworn affidavits and divorce.

I have had the image of the book style marriage record for years.  I had reviewed the Chancery Case before, but, missed this "copy" of the marriage until today.

The power of review, it rarely fails me.

The book style record has been digitally edited, to removed a large portion of the page, lines and lines of marriage records that are not my subjects.  Henry and Katie are on almost the last line of the page.

The certificate is marked "A COPY" by the court clerk and was produced to provide evidence in the divorce case.

Gotta say, I thought to myself when I found that certificate, "what fun."  Genie happy dancing may have happened. 



.

No comments: