Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Annie Viola Holland, She Was Just a Baby

Copyright 2021, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

In the sport of genie/genealogy, for me, one of the goals is to reunite family members, via my data base and my stories.

Recently I discovered this obituary while reading old newspapers:


From the Virginian-Pilot, Norfolk, Virginia, published on December 28, 1906:

“FUNERALS

The funeral of Annie Viola, infant daughter of Walter and Elma V. Holland, ages 17 months and 23 days, will take place THIS (Friday) AFTERNOOON at 1 o’clock, from the residence of her grandmother, Mrs. R. A. Gray, 432 South Park avenue. Friends and acquaintances are invited to attend.”

This small 7 line plus one word funeral notice is important because of the year, 1906.  There are no death records available online for 1906 in Virginia at this point.  We always hope for new discoveries of data bases not uploaded, but, for now, this is all we have for Annie.

Annie does have a Find A Grave memorial, here.  It has been updated with the information found in this 1906 funeral notice.  Linking to her parents was made possible by this discovery.  Digitally reuniting this family.

Annie was not in my data base, but, her parents were.  Annie is now included in the ancestors and family I try to honor with my work.

She was just a baby - - - 



.

No comments: