Monday, March 20, 2023

First Day of Spring 2023, WAHOOOO!

Copyright 2023, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

It's been a slug through January, February and March.  One epic ice storm, a once in 50 year kind.  It took down so many tree limbs and branches, which we still have not cleaned up.  It's too much for us, and the tree dudes had roofs to clean, we only have yard debris. Storm and following ssss (snow) storm decimated our beautiful fir tree.  Very sad to see it out my office window daily.

Two ssss storms, first dumped at least 10 inches of heavy heavy wet snarky ssss.  After cleaning it off the vehicles, I decided it ranked in the top 5 ssss storms I have had to clean up after.  Don't ask me to name the others, cause my ole leaky memory isn't that good.  My ranking was to indicate, it was snarky cleaning up.  Then, we had another ssss storm that was about 7.5 inches, which happily was a much easier clean up.  

I really am not whining tooooo much, after watching the storms out west. Friend in Flagstaff, UGHHA, now, that's some ssss fall totals, eh??  And, poor California.  

Over at the park, in the conservatory, they have a spring bulb show running.  I took Sony 4 over there and enjoyed some color and joy.  Here are a few shots - - 

Amaryllis, with the leaves trimmed off.  That surprised me, as I let my one and only amaryllis have it's leaves and it's blooms too!


Daffs and hydrangeas.  Blue and yellow, lovely.  Note the deep purple tulips in the background.


These are tulips.  Large blooms and so striking.


Lookie what they did with violets.  Three in one pot.  I am considering trying this myself.


And, lastly - - when the ice storm damaged so much, the park personnel found these "saucer" magnolia branches on the ground.  They forced them like many do with forsythia and look how beautiful they are.  I call this a "tulip" magnolia, same thing as saucer, just different names. I do not have one in my yard.  Should have planted one tho.  SIGHH.  So pretty.




.

No comments: