Monday, June 27, 2022

It's Summertime, Which Means, It's Gardening Time.

Copyright 2022, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

Research and such has taken a back seat, temporarily, to the gardens.  

Here is my pink flowering crab apple - - 


I love this deep yellow iris.


I have three of these pink petunias hanging on the front porch, one had a nest problem.  LOL. We ended up with one cowbird egg and 4 finch eggs.  By the end of the process we had one cowbird fledge and 2 finches fledge.  


More petunias, I have a variety of colors.  And, they cut well so I can bring some in to the house enjoy the color inside too.  These next two are hanging baskets.



Petunias in pots, the pink ones, one pot went flowerless, for several weeks, then, bam, it bloomed profusely. 


These verbena have out performed any I have ever had. Tucked in with them are some deep purple petunias. Yes, I have a lot of petunias this year.


We have had quite a few fawn sightings this year. We might find one per year, but, this year, we have had at least 4 sightings.  The mom's drop them off for the day in our yard, and return hours later to reclaim them.


This photo, poor quality, and that's an overstatement, still brings smiles.  I caught one of the fawns being "picked up" by mom after a day in our yard.  It was running to mom with joy and jumps.  Every time I see this photo I giggle.


I have never had a hibiscus, till this year.  It was thick with foliage, and was blooming.  Then, it got testy with me.  Leaves started turning yellow and falling off, 10 or more a day.  Flowers, slowed.  I moved it to a less sunny spot, kept feeding and today, I had 4 blooms.  And, 10 more leaves on the ground!  LOL. 


Will return with some more genie posts soon.  In the meantime - - happy gardening.



.

No comments: