Thursday, March 31, 2022

Male Infant Halterman, Research Report, the As It Is Series

Copyright 2022, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

This continues a series of posts, done in a very efficient (make that speedy fast) manner to share some research on the ancestors.  This is NOT intended to be the end all to end all report.  It's a work in progress, to show you what I have found, right or wrong. Kind feedback is welcomed via comments.

Let's begin - - 

Meet Male Infant Halterman:


As you can see this baby boy only lived 3 days.  I have been unable to locate a birth or death certificate for him in Virginia or West Virginia.  David and Ida lived in Virginia, less than 2 miles from the state borders of Virginia and West Virginia.  Ida was born in the Upper Cove of Hardy County, West Virginia, I believe very near the cemetery where her only baby boy is buried.

A search of the Harrisonburg, Rockingham County, Virginia newspapers was done and no mention of his death could be found.

This is the 4th child born to David and Ida (nee Whitmer) Halterman, who are my great-grandparents.  He was the last child born to them and the only male.  His three elder siblings, all girls, survived and lived long interesting lives.

This baby does have a memorial at Find A Grave, # 11580522.  I took this photo of his headstone in April of 2016.




* Disclaimers, I use Find A Grave, Ancestry dot com, FamilySearch, several newspaper subscriptions, free sites, such as Virginia Chronicles, Virginia Chancery Cases online at the Library of Virginia and more to research my ancestors.  I pay for subscriptions, full price.

** My judgements may or may not be correct.  Transcriptions may or may not have errors.

*** Links, URL's, for the most part will not be included henceforth on my posts, as so many of them change and then I have to come back and try to re-discover and relink.  Frankly folks, I have no desire to spend my limited time here on this side of the sod with those kinds of do overs.  As researchers, or just members of the internet community, sites such as Find A Grave are easy to find, some are free to use and with the information I am sharing with you, hopefully, you can duplicate the research/findings. That said, I have seen memorials at Find A Grave be removed.  If you have questions, I suggest you leave a nice comment for me. OR find the method I have outlined on my blog for contacting me.

.

No comments: