Friday, April 17, 2009

Getting started, sometimes the hardest part?

First blog, oh, dear.

OKKK, maybe a quick explanation of the name. Reflections From the Fence.

There are times in my life when I have a hard time making decisions. I tell my friends I am sitting on the fence.

There are times when I can see both sides of an argument and see that both sides have merit. (Now don't tell the Man this, he won't believe it!)

In discussions with the WO's on naming my Blog, well, the fence sitting as part of the name came up, but of course.

So, a few hours later, a visit or two to the thesaurus, and well, here it is:

Reflections From the Fence.

I don't expect to post every day. I do hope to chat about family research, yorkies (yorkshire terriers), travel and my beloved Tana (our Montana 5th Wheel).

And, of course, anything else that crosses the ole gray matter.

Yep, getting started, in this case, was the hardest part.

I hope!

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I found that the first post was the hardest too. After that, there is just so much to write about!

Lynne Carothers said...

I am still paralyzed by the thought of setting up and starting my own blog. I have talked about it and even made a stab but ... still can't get the parts to all come together. I get discouraged and quit it for awhile. However, it is going to happen. I really admire your blog, Carol, and hope to be able to do half the job ... someday.

Carol said...

That is right Kristin, and Lynne, once you get it started, you might be surprised how easy it flows. Focus on one subject (unlike ole Carol does LOL). Maybe photos?? Start small. Don't worry about customizing the blog for a while. Writers block is overcome, the writers say, by putting pen to paper and even if you scribble put some marks on the paper. Good luck, we will be reading!