Copyright 2012, CABS for Reflections From the Fence
As a volunteer and the gal that monitors the email account for our local genie club I have noted something interesting lately.
For the last several years (during some hard economic times) we received very few inquiries via the email account. One year I did not field even 1 email a month. Seriously. I was somewhat surprised by that actually, as when times are hard, who would not be interested in a limited offer of free lookups??
Lately, and I am not sure why, we are receiving a good number of requests. In the last 2 months, we are receiving 2 to 5 a week. Quite the increase.
Is it a sign that economic times are better and that researchers now have some free time to think of things other than the next pay check??
Maybe our web presence is just better?? I did move our web pages last fall to a Weebly set up.
* Weebly is a web hosting site, free. I use them for several sites, that is the endorsement. They do not ask me to use their service, do not ask me to chat about them and don't give me anything to do so. That's the disclaimer stuff.
** Graphic courtesy of Danhortonszar.com.
More Special Pages From Reflections
- Heritage Flag & The Family Names
- Friend of Friends
- THE Trip, The Maps
- Disclaim THAT! Beholden to - -
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Two
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Three
- 2013 Thankful November
- Families Past :: Pedigree Charts
- Edna May Fenton Stevens Time Line Experiments
- Winter Sojourn 2014/15 :: The Maps
- Reflection's Contibutions to the Worldwide Genealo...