Copyright 2010, CABS for Reflections From the Fence
I just received the nicest phone call from a resident of Lenawee County. Due to the article in the Adrian Daily Telegram (see yesterday's post), she is donating to the Lenawee County Family Reseachers her mother's records from a local cemetery. Seems her mother walked the cemetery many times and recorded the stones. Seems Mom was not terribly pleased with the records held by the local town. So, she marched right out there and made her own set of records.
Mom passed away in 2000 and this wonderful daughter kept the notebook(s) of mom's work. The town and the cemetery staff have been known to call and ask questions, what does Mom say about this person. That sort of thing.
The daughter saw the article in the Adrian Daily Telegram and set into motion steps to contact me. She discussed the records and donation with her sibling, who fully agreed, Mom's records should go to someone who can use them and value them.
So, soon, I will stop by and pick up those records. They are for a cemetery that we have yet to work on, so, they will be very well used.
Thank you wonderful daughter and thank you to a great Mom! What a great donation, the Lenawee County Family Researchers humbly accept your kindness, researchers from afar will benefit from your donation.
More Special Pages From Reflections
- Heritage Flag & The Family Names
- Friend of Friends
- THE Trip, The Maps
- Disclaim THAT! Beholden to - -
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Two
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Three
- 2013 Thankful November
- Families Past :: Pedigree Charts
- Edna May Fenton Stevens Time Line Experiments
- Winter Sojourn 2014/15 :: The Maps
- Reflection's Contibutions to the Worldwide Genealo...
- Reflections Visits Nova Scotia
- European Union Stuff.